Thursday, January 31, 2008

in Singapore!

I arrived in Singapore earlier today and things are going well. I had a safe travel from Baguio to Manila on the fastest and most comfortable bus ride of my trip! It was a super-deluxe bus, which had no stops in the middle, and comfy, spacious seats that reclines for us to sleep better. The cool thing is, the bus company is "victory" liner, and it was the third bus company that we took on this trip (and the first on victory). I thought the name was a prophetic of the "victory" that we had on this trip!
We left Baguio around 11 pm and arrived in Manila at 4 am, then Rodand I took a taxi to the airport at 4:30 am, he dropped me off there so he can go back and catch the 6 am bus back to Tabuk (that famous 10-12 hour bus ride). I thank God for Rod, being a most faithful and serving companion and host for me in the Philippines. May the Lordreward him and his family richly for his sacrifices and service inChrist!It was a 3.5 hour flight to Singapore, and I got in at 11 am Singapore time (12 pm in Manila), so it was another long "day" of travel, 13 hours from Baguio to Manila to Singapore, but I'm here and much better rested now! The weather is super hot and humid here, even more thanP H, and I'm glad I'm here in Jan/Feb and not in the summer!
Singapore has already made quite an impression on me. I am still exploring the spiritual dynamics of this prosperous nation. You can say that comingf rom Philippines to here is a culture shock simply because of the economic differences. I'm meeting up with some of my old Stanford riends soon, and we'll see what God has in store for us, the next couple days.

No comments: